solutions in Africa
Millions in Uganda face a compounded threat:
- climate-change drought leading to serious food insecurity
- traditional cooking methods exacerbating deforestation and
pollution while elevating health and safety risks
- plastic waste threatening crops, ecosystems, lakes and rivers
- extreme poverty creating vulnerability to human trafficking
- women and children in heightened and increasing danger
These problems are connected.
And gaining in urgency across the continent.
Community-based Scalable Solutions
This pilot project incorporates urgent capacity building in four synergistic areas:
Built to scale across Africa
– and beyond
After compiling lessons learned from the Uganda project, Footprint to Climate
will be scaled to other African nations. Emphasis is on capacity building for
survivor-led and community-based groups working on local and regional levels.